My name is Giulia Brazzale, I am a freelance teacher of English and Italian as a foreign language, Chinese-to-Italian and English-to-Italian translator, as well as a Postgraduate student of American literature at the University of Venice, Italy.
I have pretty much always been into languages and the humanities. In fact, besides studying American Literature, I have a degree in Chinese Language (中文) and Chinese “culture” (i.e. history, classical texts, philosophical/religious traditions, etc.), and I speak a little French — a language that one day I would like to take up again. I love reading literature in its original language and learning about the inner working of different languages, as well as finding connections and links between world literatures.
Some things close to my ❤️ include:
- Manuel Uberti, a personal blog by my better half.
- Bella’s Prison Pen, the blog by an incarcerated friend who is trying to channel their emotions into writing a blog rather than on destructive, negative behaviour.
- Sea Shepherd, awesome people who work for a better, blue life.
- LAV, more awesome people who pressure the Italian government to offer protection to the non-humans.
- A/I, the (very few and struggling) people who still allow for some freedom and privacy on the internet today.
- Pian Dei Ciliegi, a peaceful place as well as my virtual sangha.
- Herman Melville, no introductions needed.
If you wish to read why I started this blog, and what I hope to get out of it, please read my very first post.
Finally, here’s my email address, in case you wish to get in touch:
✉️ giulia DOT brazzale AT inventati DOT org.
I prefer encrypted emails. My GPG key is available via Web Key Directory so you can automatically discover it through your email client.